I just made this for the second time and changed it up a little bit to make it as close to a real deal sweet-treat as I could. The first time it was a little too "avocado-ey". This recipe definitely had more of a chocolaty, vanilla sweet feel I dig significantly more.
So, here's what you'll need;
- A whole, ripe hass avocado
- BPA free can whole-fat coconut milk
- Organic 100% Cacao, or baking chocolate
- Ceylon Cinnamon
- Unsweetened shredded coconut, chia seeds
- One egg yolk
- MCT oil
- A bad ass blender (I use a Nutrabullet Pro for this)
- Stevia and/or Xylitol
- Peel the avocado, toss the pit and scoop out all of the insides into your blender cup. Try and find a nice big hass avocado, making sure it's ripe & ready to go.
- Toss the avocado in the blender along with one tablespoon of MCT oil, one egg yolk, 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut milk, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, a teaspoon of ceylon cinnamon, one packet of xylitol and one packet of stevia- or two of whichever you have available. You're going to want the additional sweetness to mesh with the cacao, vanilla and cinnamon- yum.
- Blend the contents until creamy then add two tablespoons of chia seeds and coconut chips/flakes, stirring (not blending) until they're immersed into the pudding-esqe treat. The chia seeds will give your "ice cream" a tapioca pudding like texture while the shredded coconut will add a slight crunch, as well as a host of healthy nutrients.
- Place in the freezer for 45 minutes, add some more coconut flakes and chia seeds to the top for show, eat & enjoy.